Like any, well, person with common sense, she thinks that what I'm doing is unhealthy. I'm not surprised, but I really don't think that blogging - my way - is as harmful as it is perceived. (Miss Smith I'm not sure if you're reading this - but I mean no offense, I just want to clarify and I thought that this topic was pretty interesting)
Well, the main reason of blogging for me is pretty clear - to keep track of my weight, to count the numbers and actually have a record. That said, I soon realized that this blog is also great for venting my feelings. Yes, I may seem sad for the most part on this blog, but actually, writing on the blog makes me feel less sad sometimes, it helps when I throw it out there even though there may be nobody reading.
Now this blog is still full of numbers, but it also is a way to share my life with a new group of friends, a community which has been very kind to me. It's a way for me to interact. And I like it. I think this blog is great for me and it's better, at least, than to keep all my secrets in my heart.
Yes, this blog is proof of how self-centered and selfish I am, how stubborn I am. But somehow I don't think it is full of self loathing. There is a large amount of self loathing - we all have some and I have a lot - but there is also happiness, and hope, and sometimes I just hope that blogging and commenting on other people's blogs will help them as much as it has helped me.
Helped, in my definition. Not everyone who reads this blog thinks that it's great for me to lose weight, and I may be just another adolescent girl going through a "diet phrase" but this blog has done nothing but good for me, as pointless as it may seem.
And Letitia? Thanks for the support.
Love,
Christie
Now this blog is still full of numbers, but it also is a way to share my life with a new group of friends, a community which has been very kind to me. It's a way for me to interact. And I like it. I think this blog is great for me and it's better, at least, than to keep all my secrets in my heart.
Yes, this blog is proof of how self-centered and selfish I am, how stubborn I am. But somehow I don't think it is full of self loathing. There is a large amount of self loathing - we all have some and I have a lot - but there is also happiness, and hope, and sometimes I just hope that blogging and commenting on other people's blogs will help them as much as it has helped me.
Helped, in my definition. Not everyone who reads this blog thinks that it's great for me to lose weight, and I may be just another adolescent girl going through a "diet phrase" but this blog has done nothing but good for me, as pointless as it may seem.
And Letitia? Thanks for the support.
Love,
Christie
I blog to vent too. I often birch about my boyfriend, which makes it sound like we're always fighting, but it's just venting. Why would I blog about the good times, you know?
ReplyDeleteWriting is healing
ReplyDeleteIt truly is
I hope that this is a phase for you Christie
And your issue with your weight doesn't become an ED
You really don't want that
Believe me
I'd love to read more about you
Apart from the weight loss
More about who you are
And where you come from
I think that would make very interesting reading x
le best friend commenting. I don't think she reads every blog. just take care of yourself, please.
ReplyDelete