Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Typhoon Day!

I have a day off from school today :D because of the typhoon called Seagull or something.
Unfortunately that also means that the gym isn't open.

Anyway...my dad loved my icebox cake. Both my brother and I threw away some of ours - the chocolate was too strong and I felt like I had to puke.

Seriously - I need an oven.

From top to bottom: Vanilla buttercream icing, peanut butter chocolate mousse,
dark chocolate fudge, dulce de leche, fudge, oreo crust. Imagine the calories.

I also made edible cookie dough for Letitia. I like it well enough but it doesn't look good...looks like shit to be frank. Literally like shit.





Today my weight is at 110.5lbs, I want it down to 109 by Saturday.
I will not be counting my calories this week - just something I thought of trying. It's pretty rough - sometimes I'm just dying to know the calorie amount in a particular food. This also means that I have to try extra hard not to screw up.

So I spent my whole day doing silly things that were pretty pointless....
First I finished my pink skirt - generally finished anyway. I have to sew a lining for the seam between the waistband and the skirt so it doesn't fray, and I still have to embellish it with lace and whatnot. I'm pretty proud of this skirt - I did it all by hand in three days! (Yes, I know, I sound like a little kid bragging)

I have a bell petticoat underneath the skirt, FYI,

And then I made a song cover. Letitia suggested that I post the link so here you go.
Don't shoot me - it's not good, but I was bored, and I like singing.
(Link was removed because I felt like it was advertising and that isn't the point of this blog)

After a few hours of youtube videos and Candy Crush I got bored and I designed two lolita dresses - with sleeves (one piece/OP) and sleeveless (jumperskirt/JSK) based on an anime character that appeared for one episode (it was the main character dressed as a girl)

The original character - Ciel Phantomhive from Kuroshitsuji
JSK - the jumperskirt. The blouse is separate and just a general design. I like this one better

The OP. I drew the dress way too flared out but hey I'm no artist, so there. 
I've been trying to catch up on my comments :) Hope everyone is having a good day out there.

Song recommendation today is absolutely awesome it's Reset by Charice Pempengco :D

I am really happy today (I mean, duh, I get a day off from school and my mum's on a business trip in Macau - she'll be back by Wednesday though)

Bella: I'm sorry you had an unpleasant school life :( that really sucks.
I guess, yeah, she just assumes that it's a phase. Thanks for the suggestion - I already dress pretty girly though. We have arguments on the fine line between acceptable and over the top all too often XD
I don't see anything wrong with the way you dress - it fits you very well and you're elegant. I also love Gothic lolita aside from the sweet stuff but I figured my mum would be more accepting towards the sweet clothing. I have quite a lot of Gothic jewellery and I wear some of the more toned down pieces to school :)
I substituted Fray Check with superglue and it worked well, but I'm going to line it because it turns out that it also makes the fabric harden. I'll get my aunt to bring me some from Australia in November though thanks :D I'm just too lazy to overlock all those seams...

Kay: Yup, it's hard to strike that goddamn balance - you always tip over to one side. You're either too boring or too weird.
I understand that my mum does it out of love, but I still think she is slightly narrow minded, as much as she loves me. I love her too.
Oh, wow. Harsh reality. Then again (no offense) my parents are very much against me studying or even visiting the States. They are convinced that I'll get shot *eye roll*
Am trying to find that happy medium while bitching about how hard it is :D
Aw thanks, I hope you feel better - being alone has its perks even though it can be lonely.

Emily: Oh I'd never sacrifice true friends for popularity, unlike some people. *throwing unknown shade*, although some of my popular friends are my very best ones.
Really? I think it's my crazy mindset that anything over 1000 calories is outrageous...hence the not counting calories this week.
Bubbly always cheers me up :)

I'll see everyone soon! I know I've been slacking lately...

Love,
Christie

3 comments:

  1. who gives a shit about the calories. i'd kill people for a piece.
    that's the thing about chocolate flavoured things and whatever. what's important is taste. always.
    the dress pictures are so so cute. you are adorable.
    i'm so jealous of your weight. like unbelievably.
    that skirt looks brilliant by the way. i don't do these things and i definitely do not want to start trying (no time).
    i thought Ciel was a boy? anime confuses me.
    i'm glad you're having a good day, honey.

    <3

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  2. comment reply:
    "Huh funnily enough when I start comparing you and Sheldon I do see some similarities - not that much though really." i think most online friends think i'm a sweetheart and that's why but they can see the obsessive component and the stubbornness. however, people that know me in real life do know that i can be a complete asshole at times. they just accept it because they like me too much. i told a student that was repeating the year that "i thought he had a brain cell." i tell people that their conversations are too stupid for me to engage in.
    but it's just how i'm like. i'm more blunt than i am mean.
    "I hope you feel better dear, and honestly, a few pounds don't matter." you're cute.
    "Why four sets of notes? One set already kills me..." i need four sets. it's not an option. one set is not enough. two may be enough. three is definitely sufficient but four just in case.
    "I'm really happy that you're back Sammy you're such an important friend and we've all missed you." thank you sweetie xxx

    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  3. That cake looks pretty amazing! I'm not huge on peanuts/peanut butter but I'd give it a try. A good icebox cake recipe is a Chocolate Ripple Cake. Choc Ripples are a type of plain chocolate biscuit, and you stack them sandwiching them with whipped cream and the cream soaks through and softens the biscuits.

    Cute drawings! I've just started doing some fashion/technical drawings trying to figure out patterns for new skirts since I haven't felt up to actually sewing. You can draw a million times better than me though.

    Yay for finishing the skirt! I should've warned you superglue would go hard! Have you made circle skirts before? They take a bit of math to figure out the pattern at first, but they're really easy and full and fun. This is the 'how to' I like: http://whatthecraft.com/circle-skirt-tutorial-new-and-improved/

    xx

    ReplyDelete