Monday, November 3, 2014

TW: Post-halloween

If you look in the mirror and don't like what you see, you can find out firsthand what it's like to be me. More on that later. First, the happy stuff.

Halloween disco.
My parents let me go to the school disco, provided that I had someone to go. I had to fib (yes, I know lying is bad) and tell them that Karla was going with me. It was enjoyable nonetheless. I danced with Bree, one of the girls who I know well in the senior class. It was mostly the juniors and seniors who attended, anyways. I'm the only sophomore who actually danced. They all just stood there.
I was fairly lonely for the first bit of the night. I was confused who to dance with, but then a junior pulled me into the crowd and told me to join in, so I just did. And thank goodness I did.
I was dressed in Gothic lolita. Which got some compliments and some "you look like a ghost" remarks which I will also take as compliments. My pantyhose kept slipping off when I danced though, so I had to take them off.

And then the plunge into depressionland.

My parents (again, it's always them, and I sound like the ungrateful child I am) upset me. My dad picked me up. When I said hi to him, he did a once-over on me and asked me why I was wearing clothing that my mum disliked. I explained to him that my mum said it was okay to wear it, but he went onto a huge lecture about society and bad impressions. When I went home my mum told me I looked fat. Thanks mum I can see that.

So that was my halloween. And yours?

My weight is at 113.5 so it's good that it's dropping but not nearly quick enough. I'm getting lots of sleepless nights doing my stupid homework and I'm actually revising for tests these days. An improvement I suppose. I'm going crazy with mood swings as well. Which doesn't help anything.

I keep deleting drafts and re-writing them then deciding that they weren't good enough. Karlita persuaded me to just post one finally so here it is.

My rashes have taken a turn for the worse. My mum is going to book an appointment at a skin...doctor. I dunno what that is. A dermatologist?

I'll get to the comments ASAP - tonight or tomorrow, give me 48 hours tops.

Bella: Thanks! I think I've changed into a weekly blogger.
Swimming sucks big time. I always tell my mum that I have my period and she'd write a letter to the PE teacher. Doesn't work every time though.
Sounds cool - I can't wait to see them! I haven't actually made a bustle ever, it looks so hard!

Cursum Perficio: Thanks and here you go!
It is my pleasure to call you my friend, dear. And I'm glad it cheered you up.

Kay - are you doing alright honey? Not hearing from you on your blog.

I'd like to ask y'all's advice. The senior I danced with, Bree, both of us are worried that she suffers from major depressive or bipolar depression. Her parents ignore it even though she has had several requests to see a mental health doctor or therapist. A lot of people are persuading her to stop cutting but it isn't helping much. And she goes through breakups regularly - she's a very committed person, and it breaks her. Is there any way I can help her?

Love,
Christie


4 comments:

  1. You look adorable, don't let anyone try to tell you otherwise.

    re: yes, I would label myself pagan: I believe in a higher power with no particular religious affiliation.

    WeightWatchers is rather expensive, especially in Sweden where everything is expensive :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO GATHER 'ROUND PIGGIES AND KISS THIS GOODBYE, I'D ENCOURAGE YOUR SMILES I'LL EXPECT YOU WON'T CRY
    Sorry, I'm a MCR kid from way back :')

    I'm really happy your parents let you go to the Halloween disco. Even if they got upset over what you wore, I hope it didn't take too much away from the fun already had.

    I spent Halloween on the couch watching various halloween and horror and old Vincent Price movies. Halloween sucks over here. It's probably more popular and acceptable in Hong Kong, ha. I wish there were any Halloween events for under 18s when I was younger. The most I've even done in terms of Halloween parties was having scary movie nights with costumes and junk food with my childhood best friend when I was like 10 :P

    It can be hard trying to help friends when they're struggling with their mental health. Honestly, the most effective thing you can do is talk to a teacher or someone else appropriate at school. Especially if she's cutting, I think you should tell someone. Do you have some sort of school counsellor? I know it's a shitty situation to get school staff involved, but it could be necessary. If her parents are ignoring the fact she needs help, another adult needs to know what's going on.

    One thing I learned in my teenage years is that if you need help and don't know what to do, teachers and doctors are the best people to ask, even if it's not something they deal with in their day-to-day work, they usually have the knowledge and the resources and general life experience to help in some way.

    P.S, red meat isn't necessarily bad for you. It mightn't be as low in fat as chicken or fish 99% of the time, but it still has a lot if essential nutrients, even if there am. Unless you're eating several pounds a day, there's nothing unhealthy about eating meat. Processed meats like sausages and burgers are a little more unhealthy compared the fresh meat, but everything in moderation :)

    <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm doing alright! Finally posted after so long! I'm still reading, just hiding in my own little world over here. Trying to figure out myself and my life. Sorry I haven't been posting/commenting much : /
    You look gorgeous as always Christie. : ) I'll try & update at least every once in a while.
    <3
    Kay

    ReplyDelete