Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Non-TW: My life is a dull grey piece of cloth, but the flecks of silver shine brighter

So...my life.
Minus my weight.
Not much really, but there was some good and some bad.

I came up with the title last Friday and never got around to writing the post. I had the singing performance (I had mentioned a singing audition) that night, and it was a well spent and splendid 5 minutes of my life. All that hard work paid off well - to be honest it wasn't that hard given my love of singing. The audience were happy and they were waving these LED cubes at us, like a sea of light. I tend to prefer out-of-school performances - they're less formal. Everyone was happy and even the principal was pleased with our performance - she rarely would be.

Intensive chem wasn't as horrible as I imagined. In fact it was much better. It was organized by Y11 and Y12 students, which I didn't expect. They gave us a few equations. Most of them pretended that I was invisible, probably because they weren't familiar with me - I missed the first session for singing practice.

On Saturday, I had a row with my mother. The result being a compromise: I won't be joining choir this year, but she'll occasionally let me wear my hair in twintails to school. Not joining choir breaks my heart - it's rare that the teachers there are nice and actually helpful - and I love singing. Therefore I made my mum trade with something equally important - allowing me to look like a freak.

I also got a new pencil case, which I am very happy with. It's very girly and I got it from the Sanrio store. Sanrio, in case you didn't know, is the company that holds the Hello Kitty trademark. I also got a few mechanical pencils and other stationary which I won't bother you with. All in all I spent 200HKD but it was worth it.

My new pencil case. You can tell that I'm no expert at photos.
Yesterday, it was Professional Development Day at our school, so we get a holiday. Both Letitia and I had French classes, we went out for lunch together. It was delicious (and fattening), I had creamy spaghetti with mushrooms, cheese and chicken. After that I bought myself a new bag and we both bought some stationary for Millie, a classmate who had her birthday on Sunday. We gave it to her today and she was happy.

I made up with Karl. (I think I said this before?) I'm glad there isn't the tension. I'd like our friendship to be happy. I do hope however that he won't tease me so, sometimes. Just sometimes though. Usually I can take a joke or two.

Hong Kong finally sells Reese's PB cups! They're my new favorite chocolate. If only there was caramel to make the perfect combination. I tried out the nutrageous bars but they had peanuts. I don't like peanuts in my chocolate, just PB. I also tried Andes mints and they seem to be binge food made just for me. 

People touching my shoulders piss me off. Natasha and Letitia do it all the time. I know Letitia does it on purpose which pisses me off even more. Natasha...just does not remember. I've had to try and stop myself from shouting at her a few times - I freaked out on her at the dodgeball competition and it pissed her off. Understandably.

TW warning: comments

Cursum Perficio: Same here, it makes me feel even worse. Especially when those people are stick thin.

Ruby: Thanks Ruby and I'm sorry I haven't been commenting lately.
Alas, I have gained since you last heard from me.
You aren't fat at all. You look less tired every time you do a photo post and it's great to see you recover. I think you're not fat even though you're heavier than me, it's true, but you are probably also a tad taller.

Bella: I'm not mad about that anymore.
Well I think it's fantastic that you have the patience to do tapestry work. I don't have any patience - I tried embroidery several times and gave up halfway. Knitting takes a bit of practice but gets much easier as you practice. I'd suggest you go with knitting first - it's more repetitive so it may get boring but it's also easier to read than crochet, I'm not too skilled at crochet either.

Sammy: I don't know if you'll read this, but I hope you're okay, if not happy.
I'm fatter than you are. Or at least I look fatter, so it's like the same thing.
I would selfie, when my goddamn rashes get better.
I don't think I'm that obsessed with tumblr - just with roleplaying.
Leonard is...okay. I prefer Sheldon myself :P
So a half-day fast? Seems easy enough...
Ramen? Japanese noodles? I suppose they're okay...I didn't know they were high in sodium. I'm pretty "meh" on the subject of noodles. Pasta though...that's a whole different story.
Hey, Sammy, just remember that yes, it's true, you are amazing. So many people tell you that. Take care.

I'll catch up on commenting tomorrow, I pinky promise.

Love,
Christie




1 comment:

  1. Sorry i haven't been commenting much! : ( I'm so busy with school! I miss you lately!
    Glad to see you've been eating decently, your pasta sounds amazing. & I'm not a huge fan of reese PB cups, but my boyfriend is, they are the worst of his guilty pleasures, i swear he could eat a million of them!

    Also glad you get to wear your hair the way you want, sorry about choir though : /
    Your pencil case is cute as well! I love Sanrio! There isn't one where I live, but I used to visit NYC often and there was one there that I shopped at. Such cute stuff!

    <3
    Kay

    ReplyDelete