Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Rocky Horror Picture Show: My New Obsession

I love this movie.
Save the lecture about me not being old enough for the movie - given what pop culture is today I've seen far worse. (My parents don't know though :P )
It's always been one of my favorite Glee tribute episodes and the movie itself is even better, except for the pool scene which was a mess.
My favorite character was Magenta! She is so...crazy and confident and sweet in a way. I ship Riffgenta. <3
And my favorite songs are split between Time Warp, Hot Patootie and Touch-a Touch-a Touch Me.
Seriously, everyone should see it.

I've also been obsessed with Dianna Agron lately because her hair is awesome and I'm planning to watch The Family soon. It's rated R but my mother doesn't care - I watched Chicago with her, this isn't any worse. It's a flop but I don't really care - I like a lot of floppy films.

So...with my fangirling out of the way.
Today I weighed 110.5lbs. Progress.
I didn't visit the gym because of art classes :/
My intake was 701 calories today. I'm going to let that one calorie go this one time.

I'm finally doing some of my homework. Yay for less procrastinating! Notice I said less not none.

Now because I have nothing to say here goes a bunch of random photos.



Britney art, for homework. 

Kitty, drawn at drawing class. I really like this one.

Collage I made in 2011, part of a half-complete altered book.


A jar I drew for drawing classes.

A marble I drew for fun.

Hope y'all enjoyed that and sorry for the photo spam if you didn't.

A song recommendation for y'all (I decided these will be fun - the main point of this blog is still my weight tracking but I tend to have days with nothing to talk or rant about. This is basically my life + randomness). So the song I've chosen is (besides the Rocky Horror soundtrack) Smooth Criminal by Glee. It is an awesome song and for some songs I'd choose the originals but this time Glee definitely does it better.

Phil: Prunes are slightly expensive here but I wish I could do that :D
My dad's fine. That happened four years ago. And I wish I could but I can't tell him that you said take care...he doesn't know I have a blog let alone what it is about and he's against my weight loss.
Umm for recommendations...I'll pick a song from each album :) in order they will be From The Bottom Of My Broken Heart, Where Are You Now, Let Me Be, Shadow, Over To You Now (Took me ages to understand what this song was really about), Heaven On Earth, Quicksand, Criminal and Don't Cry. They aren't all singles but I think they're the best. My fave albums are Britney, Circus and In The Zone.
Nope sorry...should've asked someone to film it.
Yep I know Mr. Postman! I like a lot of Paul Anka and the Carpenters. I listen to compilation albums so I don't really pay much attention to artists. Also any old song that Glee has covered.
Same here - new fave almost every sec. Thanks for the recommendation! The song was great :) I haven't listened to much from My Everything yet but I did buy Yours Truly. Actually she just started singing a few years ago so you're definitely not late.

Bella: Oh jelly beans. How I love jelly beans <3
Thanks Bella :) not as good as you always look though. Love the shade of your hair. (I assume you dyed it?)

Love,
Christie

3 comments:

  1. Love the pictures! You're a great artist!
    I can't draw to save my life either, now you have 2 qualities I am envious of, sewing AND drawing ;)

    Also, you are right, Rocky Horror Picture Show is a fantastic movie! I'm not sure what my favorite song is either.

    As always, loved reading your post <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prunes are not that expensive here lol so yea
    Ohhhh, I wish him no ill-will then (lol @ that sleeping Beauty reference)
    Ahh thxx today I went throught her first 3 albums already and I can say I'm effing obsessed, I'm definitely on the Britney train now
    Ahh glad u like the song I'm lazy today @nd I'm on mobile, so we'll stick to the usual yahoo mainpage? Xdd
    That's great I'll catch up on yours truly soon
    I adore the carpenters my favorite artists range from decades lol
    I hate hw as usual per student

    Stay healthy eat healthy <3
    Philly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're very talented. I love the way you drew the reflection in the glass of the marble.
    I also love Rocky Horror Picture Show, but what I loved even more was the show that went along with it. It was pretty weird seeing people I knew dressed up in slutty costumes doing slutty things on stage. Plus we got to throw pieces of toast at each other XD
    Things like you eating 701 calories in a day worry me. Seriously, I'm sitting here wringing my hands because I feel like you're going to get hurt and you won't want to do anything about it.

    ReplyDelete