Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Hope

Hope is not the thing with feathers. It is losing two pounds in a day. Guess you're right, Bella. :)
Weight is at 113lbs. Not ideal but I'll make do.

I've not been very productive today or yesterday. I just surfed the internet for things to shop online, read blogs and did silly things, but really I don't care. I've only got a little homework left. And I'm well known for procrastinating, so there.

I made oreo truffles, both original and banana flavored. I'm still a beginner in the kitchen so I didn't use a lot of electrical things - I did mixing by hand and I didn't touch the stove. Had to get a little creative.

The banana flavored ones are the white chocolate coated ones.
I know, they don't look appetizing. They look like dumplings. 
Today, I sewed two petticoats for my doll. Yes, you heard right, I have a doll. I'm still 5 years old at heart. I bought her at Dandenong on my trip. I named her Bella Rose (no, not after Twilight) because I want a name that is more...Victorian (since she is dressed Victorian) but still pronounceable. Technically her full name is Isabella Jennifer Rose but none of my family can pronounce that.

I made her a cotton petticoat which I didn't bother to hem because I'm lazy and an organza petticoat with three layers. And then lacy sock toppers. Fairly pleased with my work but I'll have to put on finishing touches - trimming the cotton, hemming it (maybe) and I'll have to make her a headdress of some kind - a bonnet or a bow. Probably a bow - I have no experience with wire.

The petticoats. The left is organza and the right is cotton if you can't tell.
Bella Rose.
Close up of my waste of time :P

I don't know why I'm telling you about my doll. But whatever. My blog anyway...it's a mess of feelings, numbers and random things.

My mood these two days have been fairly well. Funnily enough, it was much better than my trip. My trip was one full of ups and downs. Say something about my weight and I lose appetite. Sometimes I just suddenly become really upset because of silly little things and it lasts for days. That was a nightmare. And I hated it that my weight and my mood was ruining the trip. It wasn't even fucking PMS. On my good days however the trip was fun though.

I will make another batch of truffles tomorrow for my family. And I'm cutting all the lace off my blue lolita dress (photo in old post) and replacing it with good quality lace. Hand sewing is tiring but it soaks up time.

I'm not eating a lot of fat food. However my family is making me eat lunch and dinner. I don't mind because it lessens my cravings. I still get hungry though, so...truffles :P but I'm still trying to lose weight. They assume I have breakfast but really I don't. Right now I don't have a calorie limit. I just realized that. So I'm setting it at under 700 calories until I go back to school, then it's down to 500 like before I left. Today I had 824 calories so that's 124 too much!

Bella: Thanks for the consolation. It was reassuring :) although patience is not one of my virtues...
Yes, cooking is indeed great fun. I've just always assumed that I was incapable of it. I love the way you put it, "the concept of being able to put simple things together and end up with something amazing". 
It is freezing! It's a little better now though compared to a few weeks ago when I just arrived. 

Kay: Thanks Kay! I'm glad I'm back as well.
It is freezing in Australia. I caught a cold my last week there. It's hot most everywhere else though! (Different hemispheres?)

Even earlier comments I have not replied to:
Run: Same here. I never get enough sleep and the dreams/nightmares make me wake up in the middle of the night and it takes another hour or so for me to fall asleep again. Nice to meet you by the way!

Nina: Of course you're not the only one! Nice to meet you Nina!

Lee: Won't hold anything against you, why would I?
See you round!

By the way, does anyone know what happened to Chris, the pedestrian writer? He's disappeared.

Love,
Christie

3 comments:

  1. Told you a decent amount will be food/water weight :)
    Oh, very cool truffles! What were in them (apart from Oreos)?
    Cute doll! It's okay, I have a stuffed bunny that never leaves my side and I'm 21. I've only started to appreciate handsewing in the last year or so... Some things just can't be done with a machine.

    <3
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. The truffles look amazing! & so do the petticoats. I am seriously so jealous of you people who can sew! You & Bella are so amazing at that! Teach me your ways. Haha.
    & I'm glad you lost a little weight and are feeling slightly better about that. I noticed eating regularly even if you don't want to or not hungry helps cravings as well. Like if I'm really hungry I get really bad cravings, but if I force myself to eat a little bit of vegetables or fruit or something even if i'm not starving, but just as a snack, I won't binge later in the night.
    <3

    ReplyDelete